Energy Saving Performance Windows
For most homeowners, lowering fuel costs for heating and cooling is a key motivation for purchasing new windows. Windows are roughly 80% glass, so it’s important to choose the best glass system for your home and specific climate conditions. Upgrading to a high performance insulated glass package with Low-E glass will help further increase yearround energy savings. Low-E (low-emissivity) glass is created by applying multiple layers of microscopic, undetectable metallic coatings to the surface of a piece of flat, annealed glass. This coating acts as a thermal mirror, reflecting radiant heat back into your home during winter and reducing unwanted solar energy in the summer. Low-E also helps block damaging UV rays that can cause furnishings and carpet to fade.
The energy-saving properties in the glass unit are a key factor in the thermal performance of your windows. ClimaTech® insulated glass packages have proven to be far more effective than ordinary clear glass units. A simple way to compare one window to the next is to check out the performance data on the window’s glass label. The lower the U-Factor, the less energy you’ll need to heat your home. The lower the Solar Heat Gain Coefficient
(SHGC), the more you’ll conserve on air-conditioning.
The Industry’s Most Advanced Spacer
A warm-edge spacer is just one way of increasing your window’s performance.
The Intercept® Spacer System features a unique, one-piece metal alloy, U-channel design that creates an effective thermal barrier to help reduce conducted heat loss through the window. Its sealed, one-piece design makes Intercept spacers stronger and better at retaining insulating gas than many conventional designs.
The optional ClimaTech ThermD Spacer stands up strong to harsh wind and extreme weather as well as heavy-duty wear and tear. When you compare the stainless steel alloy construction to other spacer systems made of aluminum or foam, you’ll see why ClimaTech ThermD takes the lead in superior strength, longevity and resistance to corrosion.
Lifetime Window Systems
Superior quality with outstanding affordability – Lifetime Window Systems achieve triple-pane energy-saving performance in a dual-pane unit that meets or exceeds stringent ENERGY STAR® requirements. The dual-pane unit with double-strength insulated glass, energy-engineered frame and sash and non-conductive composite reinforcements combine in a thermally optimized construction to ensure excellent energy efficiency. Lifetime Window Systems and patio doors are available with a variety of glass options that meet ENERGY STAR requirements for your home and climate zone. Consult your Risk Free Home Improvement Representative for the optimal glass package required for your home.
Consider, Compare and Choose
When determining the best glass package for your windows, you’ll want to consider the specific weather challenges facing your home. The chart below makes it easy to compare the glass performance and tailor the window to meet your needs. The lower the U-Factor, the less energy you’ll need to heat your home. The lower the Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC), the more you’ll conserve on air-conditioning.
Exceptional craftsmanship and remarkable energy-saving performance
Lifetime Windows are everything you’re looking for in a quality replacement window, and more. The upscale design and attention to detail expertly merge with best-in-class technology for enduring beauty, superior efficiency, easy upkeep and excellent value.
- The beauty of our narrowline frame and sashes is subtle and substantial at the same time. The sleek design is visually clean and contemporary, with a larger glass area for exceptional daylighting and outside viewing. And beneath the elegance? Internal chambers are meticulously engineered for structural integrity and enhanced energy efficiency.
- This innovative composite reinforcement allows for secure mounting of hardware and the non-conductive material also reduces the transfer of energy for superior thermal performance.
- Stylish and strong, this low-profile secure locking hardware features an indicator that tells you if your windows are left unlocked. But the true beauty is its end-of-throw cam shift locking action, expertly constructed for increased protection.
- The true sloped sill of our Lifetime Window elevates both the appearance and performance with its smooth, uniform design. The true sloped sill is expertly crafted to provide a highly efficient drainage system that promotes water runoff without the use of weep holes. The integrated telescoping sill dam effortlessly blends strength with style. The benefits distinction here is three-fold: protection from air and water infiltration, increased structural stability and enhanced beauty.
- Unlike traditional sloped sill designs, which can allow the sash to bow during powerful winds, our interlocking sash-to-sill technology makes the sash channeled firmly into the window frame for a unified wall of strength. Combined with three layers of weatherstripping, it delivers unmatched protection, as well as peace of mind. Improved form and functionality is the focus of our screen bulb seal. The compression bulb aids in the installation and removal of the extruded aluminum screen. The snug fit also eliminates light penetration between the screen and frame and helps block insect access.
Air infiltration is a term that relates to air moving into a home through small spaces in windows, doors, skylights, electrical outlets, walls, floors or the roof. This is the result of pressure differences between the inside and outside of the home. The lower the air infiltration, the less air will pass through the window unit. Poorly designed windows do not have the barriers necessary to keep air from forcing its way in and windows are the largest source of energy loss in most homes.
Some may just sell windows – but at Risk Free Home Improvement we know how uncomfortable a home with leaky windows is. Lifetime Windows meet or exceed Air, Water and Structural Loads performance requirements as determined through ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) test methods, the globally recognized standards for product quality and safety.
Let’s discuss the best windows for your home. Call 1-888-847-7004 now.
- Fully fusion-welded frame and sash corners create superior strength and a clean, low-profile finished look.
- Airtight insulating chambers enhance thermal performance and durability.
- Multi-layer weatherstripping helps block energy loss and protects against inclement weather.
- Dual vent stops for limited and convenient opening of the window for ventilation.
- Hidden screen track creates a clean-line design for enhanced visual appeal; half screens are standard, optional full screens available.